Message from the President
As I compose my final President's Message, our membership's unwavering support and strength in our 99th year humbles me deeply. Over the last year, our membership has grown by almost 100 members. We've come together in record numbers to learn and network and become better turfgrass management professionals.. Our Assistants' Tournament sold out, and the 2nd annual OGSA Championship event was another resounding success.
This year, we donated $20,000 to the Ontario Turfgrass Research Foundation (OTRF) to support their overall funding for crucial research efforts. We are proud to be part of initiatives that contribute to our industry's advancement and our members' well-being.
It's truly an honour to be included among the esteemed presidents of the OGSA. I eagerly anticipate the opportunity to reunite with all of you in 2024, as we come together to celebrate our remarkable 100-year journey and enthusiastically embrace the future that lies ahead.
Owen Russell, OGSA President
Our membership consists of golf course superintendents, assistant superintendents, students, educators, golf course suppliers, owners, and architects.
The OGSA was formed in 1924 to benefit superintendents in Ontario by providing its membership with:
- Industry news & up-to-date information on navigating the challenges facing golf course personnel
- Formal education opportunities & resources
- Networking opportunities & resources to stay connected
- Recognition for their efforts & accomplishments in turfgrass management
The OGSA's dedicated Board of Directors, comprised of Class A Golf Course Superintendents. The Board accomplishes its goals through several services and initiatives:
Participate in several board meetings a year to review the OGSA's quarterly financial reports, and to discuss and act upon industry needs.
- Act as liaisons on several industry committees
- Participate on internal planning committees like the annual Ontario Golf Course Management Conference committee & the Golf Events Committee.
- Oversee the successful completion of our quarterly trade magazine, ONCourse (published in March, June, August, & November)
- Ensure the weekly e-newsletter, Clippings, includes relevant information for members
- Ensure the job board remains available to the entire industry
Active Internal Committees
- Governance Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Scholarship & Awards Committee
- Conference Planning Committee
- Golf Tournaments Committee
- Membership Outreach Committee
- Best Management Practices Committee
- We Are Golf
- Water Management
Tel: (905) 625-2062
Markland Wood Golf Club
Tel: (416) 231-3393
St. George’s Golf & Country Club
Tel: (416) 267-4861
Cardinal Golf Club
Tel: (519) 657-4153
Riverbend Golf Community
Tel: (705) 789-7113 x 4339
Tel: (705) 924-2569
Warkworth Golf Club
Tel: (705) 446-5404
Blue Mountain Golf & Country Club
Tel: (416) 717-9660