Message from the President
On January 18, 2023 the OGSA held its Annual General Meeting. During that meeting the 2023 board of directors was elected. I am honored to serve as your president this year, and I look forward to working with Ian McQueen (vice president) and Sean Gunn (secretary - treasurer), who join me on the executive team.
I would like to thank our immediate past president, Ryan Scott, for his dedication to the OGSA over the last several years. He did a wonderful job leading our association last year and we will keep him busy in his new role.
I'd also like to thank Al Schwemler for his continued participation in the association this year. Al’s tenure and experience in our industry will be valuable resource for the OGSA as newer directors become more familiar with the association.
I look forward to working with the rest of the directors, and our members to ensure 2023 is another successful year for the OGSA.
Our membership consists of golf course superintendents, assistant superintendents, students, educators, golf course suppliers, owners, and architects.
The OGSA was formed in 1924 to benefit superintendents in Ontario by providing its membership with:
- Industry news & up-to-date information on navigating the challenges facing golf course personnel
- Formal education opportunities & resources
- Networking opportunities & resources to stay connected
- Recognition for their efforts & accomplishments in turfgrass management
The OGSA's dedicated Board of Directors, comprised of Class A Golf Course Superintendents. The Board accomplishes its goals through several services and initiatives:
Participate in several board meetings a year to review the OGSA's quarterly financial reports, and to discuss and act upon industry needs.
- Act as liaisons on several industry committees
- Participate on internal planning committees like the annual Ontario Golf Course Management Conference committee & the Golf Events Committee.
- Oversee the successful completion of our quarterly trade magazine, ONCourse (published in March, June, August, & November)
- Ensure the weekly e-newsletter, Clippings, includes relevant information for members
- Ensure the job board remains available to the entire industry
Active Internal Committees
- Governance Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Scholarship & Awards Committee
- Conference Planning Committee
- Golf Tournaments Committee
- Membership Outreach Committee
- Best Management Practices Committee
- We Are Golf
- Water Management
Tel: (905) 625-2062
Markland Wood Golf Club
Tel: (416) 231-3393
St. George’s Golf & Country Club
Tel: (416) 267-4861
Cardinal Golf Club
Executive Manager, OGSA
Tel: (226) 770-5303
Ryan L. Scott
Immediate Past President
Tel: (905) 845-8321 x 44
Oakville Golf Club
Tel: (519) 657-4153
Riverbend Golf Community
Tel: (705) 789-7113 x 4339
Tel: (705) 924-2569
Warkworth Golf Club
Tel: (705) 446-5404
Blue Mountain Golf & Country Club
Tel: (416) 717-9660